Typically savoury, piadina’s are classic Italian flatbreads that date back to the 14th century and are so easy to make it’s untrue! Caramelising anything in Roccbox is super quick and delicious so it made sense to try this combo out!
- To make the dough, simply mix together the ingredients in a bowl until a smooth dough is formed. Wrap in cling film and leave to rest in the fridge for 30 minutes – although the dough can be made up to three days in advance!
- Melt the butter in a pan until it begins to foam (about a minute or so), then toss the banana slices in sugar before chucking in the pan.
- Cook the bananas in Roccbox, tossing regularly for around 3-5 minutes until they start to brown. Set to one side.
- Split the dough into four equal portions and, using the extra icing sugar, press down into 4 circles no more than 1 to 2cm in thickness.
- Turn Roccbox down to its lowest setting and pop a clean plan in Roccbox with a good lug of olive oil in. Heat for around 30 seconds before putting the piadina’s in the pan, rubbing the top of them with olive oil and cooking for around 2 minutes on each side.
- Cut the discs in half so you’re left with 8 discs and fill them with the Nutella and banana before wrapping in foil and putting back in Roccbox for 2-3 minutes.
- Stack and serve!