This method of cooking fish in Roccbox is one of my favourites – the high temperature of the floor means amazing crispy skin on one side before the removing the foil and blackening up the other side with the rolling flame. Cooking the fish whole also makes it harder to overcook…
- As Roccbox is coming up to temperature, make the Romesco sauce by popping all the ingredients, except the oil, in a blender. Pulse the ingredients briefly before mixing continuously and adding the olive oil gradually. Set to one side.
- Pop all the ingredients for the spice mix in a pestle and mortar and grind briefly – you want to break up the seeds, but don’t want it super smooth.
- Rub the fish all over with olive oil, pop in a tray and cover the exposed side of the fish skin with the ground spice mix. Scatter the artichokes around the fish and add the lemon slices/wedges to the pan as well.
- Cover the tray with foil and place into the hot Roccbox and cook for around 6-8 minutes depending on the size of your fish.
- Remove the foil, turn the flame down to it’s lowest setting and return the tray to Roccbox. Continue cooking, rotating the tray as necessary, until the fish is cooked – probably a further 2-3 minutes.
- erve together with the Romesco sauce.